Have you ever really taken the chance to look at What actually is IN the products that you use? I did that today. You can easily search the Household Product Database to find out what is in your cleaners. I was surprised to see all the products that are used to make cleaners (I also looked at products I have used in the past) Can you believe they use chemicals such as… kerosene, phenols, cresol, lye, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, sulfuric acid, petroleum distillates, ammonia, sodium hydroxide, butyl cellosolve, phosphoric acid, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, morpholine, phthalates … It’s Crazy what they use. I really got nervous looking at all the Cautions of the cleaners- When a Company says to use gloves AND goggles.. Its time to find a new product. The chemicals listed above WILL NOT be found in any Shaklee Products.
Some other great features of Shaklee products:
· No harmful fumes or hazardous chemicals.
· Outperforms 20 national leading brands.
· You would spend $3400 for ready to use cleaners to get the same amount of clean found in the Get Clean Starter Kit! (This is Crazy! I cant believe how much you will save with Shaklee Products)
· Features Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate – just 1/4 tsp. makes 16oz. of all-purpose cleaner for only 3 cents.
· And when you purchase the Get Clean Starter Kit you also make a positive impact on the planet:
· Keep 108 pounds of packaging waste from landfills.
· Eliminate 248 pounds of greenhouse gas.
I will say my FAVORITE Shaklee product is the Liquid Dish soap. Since I wash all my pots by hand, liquid dish soap is a staple. The first thing i noticed about the Shaklee Dish soap is the Great Scent that it had! It wasnt overpowering. Nor was it too bland. It may sound funny, but part of me believes that if it SMELLS clean, then it is CLEAN. I did put the dish powder to the test as well. You only need a LITTLE scoop, but it DOES THE JOB! I was completely amazed. I cant wait to use this more often in my dishwasher (I sort of do feel obligated to finish off the other cleaner i do have, that way I am not Adding more waste to the landfills!)
Would you like to see more about Shaklee? You can always check out the Real Dirt on Clean Part 1 and Real Dirt on Clean Part 2
Make sure to check out the others who are celebrating EarthDay! Thank you to Happy Mothering & DeDa Studios for putting this together. On April 22, more than one billion people around the globe will participate in Earth Day 2012. Earth Day is a day that is intended to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s natural environment. Join us in celebrating this special day!
This review and giveaway was made possible by the Shaklee Corporation & Mom Spark Media. Incentives, product and support were provided. All thoughts are 100% my own.